Sunday, September 16, 2012

Jiminy Cricket is beaming with pride.

 Unconventional - Not based on or conforming to what is generally done or believed: "his unconventional approach to life
Sentence: My life may be unconventional to you; but to me it's perfect. 

I appreciate the abnormal in life. The weirdos, geeks, and the sassy; who come into our lives and make us a little more daring to be ourselves because they are truly who they are 100% of the time. They have achieved something that I feel like most of us want. They are comfortable with who they are.

I recently began training at an MMA gym, and when I began to tell my peers, a few were supportive, a few didn't know what it was, and the rest were just really appalled that I, Brynne future marriage and family therapist would ever want to do something so crazy and " unladylike". I was discouraged to say the least, that I didn't get the support I wanted.

But then something changed in me, these past few weeks, I have learned to accept my quirks just a little more, to forgive my mistakes, and to listen my own little Jiminy Cricket, that tells me my life is crazy weird, and that I should embrace it.

So this is me embracing my weird hobbies, my geeky book collection, and sass that has gotten me where I am today. A successful college student who trains MMA, has a 4.0 GPA, and is happier today because I am myself.

If you don't read the bloggess.com , you should, here's a video she posted of my new favorite song.



No comments:

Post a Comment